WIC breastfeeding support helps moms every step of the way.
You can have your own WIC Peer Counselor. She is a mother just like you, lives in your community, and has breastfed her own baby. She has been carefully selected. Your WIC peer counselor can give you:
- Ways to get a good start with breastfeeding.
- Secrets for making plenty of breast milk for your baby.
- How to know if your baby is getting enough breastmilk.
- How to keep breastfeeding when you return to work/school.
- Tips on how to breastfeed comfortably and discreetly, even in public.
- A friendly ear to listen to you and help meet your breastfeeding goals.
WIC’s goal is the same as yours. Our staff want you to have a happy, healthy baby and a good breastfeeding experience.
- All WIC staff are trained to give the support you and your baby need.
- WIC staff will talk with you about your breastfeeding goals.
- They can help you figure out how to make breastfeeding work for you.
- They’ll explain WIC’s breastfeeding support and assign you a food package that meets your supplemental nutritional needs.
to contact a Certified Lactation Specialist.